Dark Mode has been introduced to provide enhanced usability for each of the BART platforms. It can reduce power usage by a significant amount, and improve visibility for users with low vision and those who are sensitive to bright light. It’s easy to toggle on and off, depending on your preference.
Watch: How to Enable Dark Mode
BART Team App
Dark Mode will be automatically enabled within the BART Team App for those whose smartphone and tablet devices have dark mode enabled in their device settings.
This will be different for each device type and operating system:
Dark Mode is available in iOS 13 and higher.
- Tap on your device 'Settings'
- Scroll down and tap on ‘Display & Brightness’
- You will see under ‘Appearance’ that you have ‘Light’ or ‘Dark’ – select one
- If you have the BART Team App open, close it and reopen
Dark theme is available in Android 10 and higher.
- Navigate to your device ‘Settings’
- Tap on ‘Display’
- You’ll see a toggle for the Dark Theme – tap to activate it
If you need to toggle the Dark Theme on and off, you may want to pin it to your ‘Quick Settings’.
To do this:
- Pull your notification bar all the way down until you see a large grid of tiles
- You may need to pull down twice on the notification bar to ensure you can see this:
- Tap the pen icon at the bottom of the drawer
- This will open a separate batch of icons you can add to your tiles
- Hold and drag the ‘Dark Theme’ icon into the top folder, alongside your WiFi, Airplane Mode and Battery Saver icons
- Tap the back button to exit
- You can now turn on Dark Theme by pulling down the notification bar and tapping the icon
Please note: On Pixel devices, selecting ‘Battery Saver Mode’ enables the dark theme at the same time.
You can toggle Dark Mode on and off easily within the Members WebApp.
- Navigate to the Members WebApp
- Log in (if you haven’t already)
- Click where your name and avatar are displayed in the top right hand corner of the screen
- A menu will appear
- Click on the ‘Dark Mode’ option
- To change back to light mode, you can click on the same menu
Please Note: If your operating system supports Dark Mode and it’s enabled, this will be detected by BART and set automatically.
- Navigate to the BART Dashboard
- Click on the wrench icon to access ‘Settings’
- Scroll down the settings options until you see the ‘Dark Theme’ toggle
- Use the toggle switch to enable or disable dark mode