BART is not continuously tracking my Android appliance on the BART Team App.
Some members have experienced issues with tracking on an Android tablet device using the ‘appliance’ profile type.
If you’re experiencing the same issue, try working through the following steps:
It’s important to ensure your device has mobile data enabled.
- Head into your ‘Settings > Connections’
- Select ‘Data Usage’
- Make sure the ‘Mobile Data’ toggle is on
Please note: You may also want to check to make sure ‘Airplane Mode’ is disabled, and you haven’t exceeded any Mobile Data limits on your plan.
You may have the ‘Data Saver’ option turned on in your settings area. Even with this option enabled, you can set your Android device to customise which apps are restricted.
- Go to ‘Settings > Connections’
- Tap on ‘Data Usage’
- Tap on ‘Data Saver’
- Tap ‘Allow app while Data saver on’
- Scroll through the list of apps installed on your device until you see the BART Team App
- Toggle the switch next to your BART app to on
Like the ‘Data Saver’, you can set your device to customise which apps are restricted by the ‘Battery Saver’ option.
- Tap ‘Settings > Device Maintenance’
- Tap on the ‘Battery’ name and icon at the bottom of the screen
- Tap on ‘More’ or the kebab menu icon
- Tap ‘Optimise battery usage’
- Tap on the dropdown menu provided and use the toggles provided to turn this feature on or off for your installed apps
Check Tracking Timeout
On your BART Team App
- Navigate to either the ‘List View’ or ‘Quick View’
- Tap on the top right kebab menu
- Tap on ‘Track Me’
On the Dashboard
- Find your appliance on the map provided
- Click on the appliance icon
- You will see the last time the appliance communicated with the internet
If your device screen goes blank after a short amount of time, that may also cause an issue. Provided you have in-vehicle charging while your vehicles are parked at station, we recommend enabling ‘Android Developer Mode’ to adjust the screen time out.
- Open up ‘Settings’
- Tap on ‘About Phone’
- Scroll down and find the ‘build number’
- Start tapping repeatedly on the build number, until you see a popup message informing you that in ‘x’ amount of taps you will become a developer.
- Keep tapping until the process is complete – it should be 7 taps
- You will then be asked to enter your pin number
- Once enabled, search ‘Settings’ for ‘Developer Options’
- Tap on ‘Developer Options’ and navigate to ‘Stay Awake’
- Turn on ‘Screen will never sleep while charging
Ensure that the BART Team app can access the location of your device.
- Navigate to ‘Settings’
- Tap ‘Location > App Permissions’*
* If you don’t see ‘Location’, tap on ‘Security & Location > Location
* If you have a work profile, tap ‘Advanced > Location’
- View the apps that can use your device’s location by tapping ‘Allowed all the time’ and ‘Allowed only while in use’ – ensure that the BART app is ‘Allowed all the time’.